Here are a list of previous events that have been hosted in Castlemaine. All live events will be displayed on the Eventbrite widget in the sidebar on the right.
- October: Is the housing market rigged? And what can we do about it? With Karl Fitzgerald
- June: Local democracy and deliberative engagement groups get together – Democracy for Dinner, Coalition of Everyone, Mount Alexander Deliberative Engagement. Northern Arts Hotel.
- May: Democracy on Saltgrass – what is right and wrong in Australian democracy. Bryn Davies with Ali Hanley.
- May: Meet the Candidates – Bendigo Electorate 2022 Federal Election. Bryn Davies.
- March: What really matters in 2022? Pandemic? War? Elections? Climate? Treaty? Bryn Davies and Jamie Tatarczuk.
- October: Meet the candidates (Castlemaine Ward) – Mount Alexander Shire Council local government election. With Shedshaker Brewing – Jacqueline Brodie-Hanns.
- October: Candidate survey – Mount Alexander Shire Council local government election. Bryn Davies
- May: Meet the candidates Bendigo Electorate 2019 Federal Election. Jodi Newcombe. Online engagement via Our Say.
- October: Exploring ‘Voices for Indi’ model to create change in Central Victoria – Lexi Randall-L’Estrange & Democracy Working Group
- October: Voices for Indi – history, the policy platform, and where to from here – Lexi Randall-L’Estrange & Democracy Working Group
- October: Meet the Candidates – Bendigo West – Lexi Randall-L’Estrange & Warwick Smith. Online engagement via OurSay.
- August: Are politics and policy incompatible? Democracy in the age of “mega-identity” politics – Bryn Davies
- July: Could a ‘Standing Citizen Chamber’ restore trust, confidence and resilience within local communities? – Cathy Wheel and Geoff Turner
- May: Can a grassroots movement put carbon pricing back on the agenda? – Warwick Smith
- April: What’s left and right? Revisiting the Political Divide – Geoff Turner and Jodi Newcombe
- March: “How can we do democracy better” Richard Walsh in conversation with Gen Barlow and Cam Walker – Lexi Randall-L’Estrange and Cathy Wheel
- February: “Digital inclusion – understanding, measuring, and closing the digital divide” – Chris Wilson and Adam Meehan
- November: “Talking Treaty” with Rodney Carter – Sally Smith and Bryn Davies with special guest Rodney Carter
- October: The Republic – an opportunity to do democracy better – Cathy Wheel and Michael Scott
- September: Industry 4.0 – The Revolution is Here – Carolyn Wallace and Richard Wallace
- July: What do the 2016 Census results mean for our democracy? – Geoff Turner
- June: The Surplus Fetish – Warwick Smith
- May: Post-Truth Free For All – Lexi Randall-L’Estrange and Bryn Davies
- April: Drug law reform: can legalisation cure diseases of desperation? – Lara McPherson and Adam Meehan
- March: Co-designing Policy – Sally Smith
- Feb: Housing Affordability – Lexi Randall-L’Estrange and Paul O’Connor
- November: Digital Democracy, The Potential, The Promises, and The Pitfalls – Adam Meehan
- October: Rebuilding democracy from the ground up, models for localisation – Geoff Turner
- August: Education (Is compulsory service the answer to free education? What would this do for youth, culture, diversity, employment and social cohesion?) – Paul O’Connor
- June D4D LAUNCH – “Four courses of informed conversation to inform your vote for 2 July 2016” – Jodi Newcombe and Bryn Davies