- Bendigo used it for council’s priorities for the future
- Canberra used it for a specific issue (compulsory third party insurance) in 2017
- Geelong Citizen’s Jury in 2017 for democratic representation to Councils
- VicHealth had a jury on Obesity, supported by newDemocracy Foundation. The consulting group Mosaic Lab also has a case study on their site.
- Vic Local Gov Association has a summary page on Citizen’s Jury
- newDemocracy Foundation prepared a guide on small format deliberative democracy
- Citizens’ Juries in Australia: A Discussion about Protocols (2000) – includes some links at the ends from 1990s era
- Jury on farming and food futures in India
- GMOs and the future of farming in Mali, also explored in this short paper
- Berlin Citizen’s Jury on council budgetting (see pages 69-71 of this report from OECD)
- Elections obstruct more than facilitate good governance (website) – Experimental deliberative democracy – G1000 (Belgium)
- How to run a Civic Lottery: Designing fair selection mechanisms for deliberative public processes (guide) – MASS LBP Toronto – Canada’s home for democratic innovation and public strategy
- Citizen’s Jury toolkit (World Bank)
- Here is a link to the census data for Mt Alex: http://quickstats.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2016/quickstat/LGA25430?opendocument
Following the event, a discussion paper was prepared to stimulate conversation amongst local groups interested in improving democracy.
If you have any resources you want to share, or would like to write a piece for this website, please contact Lexi via firstname.lastname@example.org.